Automotive Service Advisor
Master Mechanic is a Canadian owned private corporation, established in 1982 as a franchisor in the after-market automotive repair and maintenance business. With 40 franchise locations throughout Southern Ontario, the firm has a strong reputation for high quality auto repair and regular vehicle maintenance.
Looking for a change, our Markham and Markville locations have immediate openings for an Automotive service advisor to join our team!
Why join the Master Mechanic team?
- Competitive wages $20-$30+ (based on experience & certifications)
- Full-time, permanent, no weekends, extended long weekends
- Benefits package available (dental, health)
- Ongoing training and development
- Friendly and positive team/work culture
- Opportunity to advance career in the franchised location
What would your day look like as an Automotive Service Advisor?
- Listen to customer’s description of car troubles, ask follow-up questions and take detailed notes and enter customer information into system database, visual vehicle inspection and test drive
- Advise customer on necessary repair and maintenance, work with them to formulate best plan for their budget/needs
- Create work order and liaise with the technician team in order to inform the customer of updates
- Assist technicians with part order processing, pricing and authorization
- Process payment from customer and explain billing details
- Take care of the shop entirely
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- Ideally a licensed mechanic previously
- 5+ years of experience working as an advisor in an automotive setting
- Must hold high school diploma or equivalent
- Enjoys interacting with customers and working in a team environment
- Possesses leadership qualities, with willingness to act as a team player
- Eager to learn and advance your skills
- Must possess basic computer skills with strong attention to detail
Location: MARKHAM L3R/L3P
Job Type: Full-time, no weekends, extended holiday weekends
Wage: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- 8-8.5 hour shift, Mon – Fri
Work Location: In person